Your pupils may be dilated with eye drops during the exam. Dilating eye drops can blur your vision, especially your reading vision, for several hours. Due to dilating eye drops and bright lights shining in the eyes, your vision may be blurry when you are done the examination. If possible, we suggest that you have someone to drive you home.
Please allow plenty of time to receive all of the care you need for your eyes. Complete exams require dilation and take at least one and a half hours. Sometimes, additional testing is required which could lengthen your expected stay in the office.
Due to the unpredictable nature of caring for patients, please allow additional time for possible delays. It is very important to us to give every patient the care that they need even if it delays the schedule.
Please remember to bring the following items (if applicable):
- Referral from primary doctor if necessary
- Insurance card(s)
- List of current medications
- Contact lenses, solutions, cases, etc.
- Any information that your doctor may have given you such as laboratory tests or handwritten notes
- Any other information concerning your eye health, e.g. old records, test results, etc.
Link to North Jersey Eye Associates Google Review Page
Review Us On Google